Sealed With A Gift? More sales. More customers. More profits. What are we talking about? The power of promotional products. Research shows that customers who receive promotional products return sooner and reorder more quickly — and frequently — than those who don’t.
According to a study conducted by Relevant Insights:
- Eight in 10 consumers own between one and 10 promotional products
- Six in 10 consumers keep them for up to two years
- More than half (53%) of these consumers use a promotional product at least once a week or more
Is yours one of them?
If promotional products aren't currently part of your marketing mix, perhaps it’s time to explore how to put this form of advertising to work for your company. Not only can promotional products be used to help generate more business, they can be a great way to motivate your staff, encourage customer referrals, thank regular customers for their loyalty, increase visibility at a trade show, launch a new product and/or demonstrate support for your community.
Plus, promotional products can be one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising. According to the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI), the cost-per-impression of a promotional product is just $.005 — less than prime time TV advertising, national magazine advertising and newspaper ads.
When considering promotional products for YOUR company, consider the following tips:
1. Choose promotional products that your audience will actually use. When promotional products are useful to and appreciated by the recipients, they are retained and used longer, ultimately communicating the imprinted message over and over—without added cost to your business. Some of the most popular and successful promotional items include pens and writing instruments, desk calendars, water bottles, coffee mugs and apparel — such as t-shirts and hats.
2. Avoid a short shelf life. Select items that will be around for a long time. While imprinted sticky notes are certainly useful, a customized note holder can be used repeatedly.
3. Choose quality over quantity. Think of the promotional products you purchase as “gifts for family and friends.” Cheaper is not always better. One well-considered promotional gift can have a far greater impact than a hundred smaller ones.
4. Make it memorable. Don’t be afraid to get creative. Promotional products are a $19.83 billion industry. Every year, thousands of new products come to market. Keep an eye out for new and exciting ways to put them to work promoting your business.
Cordial Greetings Can Help
From key chains and coloring books to can coolers and coffee mugs, count on Cordial Greetings for a wide variety of unique and best-selling promotional products. All of our items are easy to customize and economical — and guaranteed to please.
Want to share your experience? Tell us how you’ve used promotional products to expand YOUR business by posting your story below. We’d love to hear about it!